Registration Process

Either you or your employer would have registered you and you would have been issued with a 10-digit tax reference number from SARS. You may have an IT150 Notification of registration (see below) that states your reference number. If you have an IRP5 or payslip from your employer, your tax reference number may appear there. If you think you *might* have a tax number but aren't sure, rather phone SARS at 0800 00 7277 to check.

We can assist you!

What you need for registration:

Proof of Identity

  • Certified or uncertified copies of a valid identity document, driving licence, passport, temporary identity document, asylum seekers certificate or permit together with the original identification (Identity document includes the green barcoded book and the smart ID card)
  • In the instance where a taxpayer is a minor, a certified or uncertified copy of the birth certificate of the minor together with a copy of the one of the parent’s/guardian’s identity document. If there is no surviving parent, the death certificate of one parent must be provided by the appointed guardian.

Proof of Address

The Confirmation of Entity Residential/Business Address form (CRA01) must be filled in: • Where proof of residence is in the name of a third party (e.g. in someone other than the taxpayer name) the CRA01 must be filled in. Please note that proof of address of the third party must be attached to the CRA01. • A letter or the CRA01 must be filled by the Chief or Councillor if a taxpayer lives in an area where municipal account aren't issued. The taxpayer must get a letter from the Councillor in the area they live in. The Chief or Councillor doesn't need to provide proof of residence or ID if the letter or CRA01 is for a third party. • If an entity has only one director/member that is also the representative taxpayer and the business is trading from the representative taxpayer’s address, proof of residential address is needed. Where there is more than one member/director and the business is trading from one of the member/director’s addresses, the CRA01 needs to be filled in by another members/directors. • Here is the form: CRA01. Remember certain mandatory information must be filled in before you will be able to

Proof of Bank Details:

  • Original letter from bank not older than one month confirming the account holder’s legal name; account number, account type; branch code and the date reflecting the date on which the account was opened of which should not be older than one month; or
  • Original bank statement or ATM / Internet generated statement or ABSA eStamped statement not more than three months old that confirms the account holder's legal name, bank name, account number, account type and branch code, where applicable, or where a new bank account was opened and a bank statement cannot be produced, an original letter from the bank not older than one month on the bank letterhead with the original bank stamp reflecting the date the bank account was opened; or
  • If the wife/husband does not have a bank account and chooses to use his/her spouse’s banking details, a certified copy of the marriage certificate is required. In instances of a Life Partner, an affidavit must be provided.

What People say about Us


Individual Income Tax Registration

We would love to make Accounting easy for you! Simply fill out the form below to get started!